Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas in DC



So last night a group of us went to see the National Christmas Tree. It was a great night! Every year they get a huge tree and put it in front of the White House with 50 smaller trees around it to represent each state. Joce is famous because she had an ornament on the Virginia tree a couple years ago. They have a huge pit filled with burning yule logs and a very large train set that goes all around the tree. Choirs perform and it is a very festive atmosphere. It will be one of my fun memories of this Christmas.


Another fun part of Christmas this year has been making the nativities for Nettie & Adam and Larry & Jessica's kids. A year ago Nettie mentioned how nice it would be to have a nativity that kids could actually play with. When I got Larry and Jessical for Christmas I thought it would be fun for their kids to have one. I love how they turned out so I wanted to put a picture of them on here so you could see them.

3 comments:

Jessica Chalmers said...

Thanks, Michelle! The Nativity is awesome!

kathryn said...

Michelle i found this through Patti's blog. You look great & sounds like a fun Christmas. Your nativity was adorable--looks like a lot of work :) what a nice aunt you are! Take care.

rvan said...

michelle, I found you thru mark gallup, I hope you don't mind. I've wondered forever about you and what you have been up too!! We sure had some fun times in the Antelope Valley with our plays. Are you still singing? Your family was always so great and so much fun. So fun to see you..